Job Opportunity - Communications Manager
Friday 9th December 9:00am – Monday 9th January 2023 9:00am
‘a space’ arts is looking for an experienced professional with excellent marketing, communication and digital skills, and a strong work ethic and creative vision to join its team.
As Communications Manager, the role is responsible for development and implementation of strategic and holistic marketing and communications plans across the organisational project strands. A key focus of the role is on raising public awareness of the organisation and its projects, and the generation of new business and commercial opportunities that drive sponsorships, sales, private hires and ticketed events.
This role is full time (40 hours per week), with a salary of 26k – 28k dependent upon experience.
All criteria are essential unless specified by (D) in which case they are desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a comparable communications role, ideally in the visual arts or cultural sector, or alternatively demonstrable transferable skills from an alternative sector.
- Experience and evidence of devising and delivering successful communications campaigns for cultural projects and/or commercial initiatives.
- Experience of line managing colleagues and deploying management techniques that enable colleagues to deliver their best work.
- Experience of working in a small and busy team (D)
- Excellent organisational skills that create, co-ordinate and manage communication plans
- Excellent IT skills across a range of programmes including word and excel or equivalent Mac based packages
- Familiarity of Adobe creative cloud packages including illustrator, photoshop and in-design, along with visual and audio editing packages (D)
- Familiarity of using WordPress based websites (D)
- Communication skills and the ability to lead individual or group conversations
- Familiarity with Mac operating systems (D)
- A working knowledge of the arts and/or charitable sector (D)
- Ability to self-manage time efficiently and to prioritise workloads along with managing directed work plans and meeting deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues in a consistent, clear and coherent manner
- Ability to work proactively as a member of a small and busy team
- The ability to be self-motivated, methodical and flexible in equal measure
- The ability to celebrate success and cope with frustrations in equal measure
- Ability to secure best value for money with limited funds
How to apply
To apply for this role please send the following information to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Communications Manager role’:
- A completed Equal Opportunities form – Complete here
- A CV detailing all relevant career highlights, personal experiences and contact details
- A covering letter on one side of A4 outlining:
- Why you are suitable for the role.
- What motivates you to take on this role at this point of your life/career.
- How you would approach delivering the role in the first three months.
We operate a blind recruitment process to ensure parity across all applicants and as a commitment made in our anti-racism action plan. Therefore when applying for this role the selectors and interviewers will not see your name or personal details submitted on your CV or covering letter until shortlisting is complete. Your application will be received and initial reviewed by a member of the team who is not on the interview panel.
Interviews will be held at God’s House Tower, Southampton, SO14 2NY on Monday 16th January 2023 (times TBC). Travel expenses to attend interviews will be reimbursed for those with caring responsibilities.
We encourage applications from all members of the community irrespective of peoples backgrounds and welcome applications from people of global majority communities, of any sexual orientation, gender or socio-economic backgrounds.
A relocation fund of £1k is available for a successful candidate currently living outside of Hampshire or the bordering counties.
Please be aware the organisation is on festive shutdown between Monday 19th December 2022 and Tuesday 3rd January 2023. Therefore we will not be able to respond to any enquiries during this time.
The closing date for applications is on Monday 9th January 2023 at 9am.
As an organisation we actively look to reduce barriers for artists applying for our opportunities and commissions, and we are committed to being fair, accessible, transparent and inclusive.
We offer a range of access support for artists and applicants, including alternative formats for information we release and submissions we receive as well as an artist access fund; please contact us so that we can discuss your individual needs and provide appropriate support for your application or project. Please either email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 80 338 778
For more information about this work please visit – aspacearts.org.uk/about-us