Job Opportunity - Communications Officer
Friday 9th December 9:00am – Monday 9th January 2023 9:00am
‘a space’ arts is looking for a motivated professional with excellent communication, design ability and digital skills, to join its team.
As Communications Officer, the role is particularly focused on design and content creation, digital marketing and social media, and website development, with a core responsibility on delivering concepts and campaigns across a range of communication platforms both traditional and digital. The role will be supported by the Communications Manager to work collectively to deliver organisational wide communications plans.
This role is part-time (32 hours per week) with a salary of 22k – 24k dependent upon experience.
All criteria are essential unless specified by (D) in which case they are desirable.
- Experience of working in a comparable communications role, ideally in the visual arts or cultural sector, or demonstrable transferable skills from an alternative sector.
- Experience and evidence of creating exciting visual content to promote cultural projects, or visual content from an alternative sector.
- Experience of scheduling social media assets and using scheduling software.
- IT skills across a range of programmes including word and excel or equivalent Mac based packages.
- Confident skills in using the Adobe creative cloud package including illustrator, photoshop and in-design, along with visual and audio editing packages.
- Confident skills in using the WordPress platform to manage and update websites.
- Familiarity with Mac operating systems.
- The ability to engage and work with colleagues in a supportive and collaborative way.
- The ability to effectively communicate the organisations work in a consistent, clear and coherent manner.
- The ability to work proactively as a member of a small and busy team along with the ability to work on your own initiative, maintain a personal work plan and meet deadlines.
- The ability to be self-motivated, methodical and flexible.
- The ability to celebrate success and cope with frustrations in equal measure.
How to apply
To apply for this role please send the following information to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Communications Officer role’:
- A completed Equal Opportunities form – Complete here
- A CV detailing all relevant career highlights, personal experiences and contact details
- A covering letter on one side of A4 outlining:
- Why you are suitable for the role.
- What motivates you to take on this role at this point of your life/career.
- How you would approach delivering the role in the first three months.
We operate a blind recruitment process to ensure parity across all applicants and as a commitment made in our anti-racism action plan. Therefore when applying for this role the selectors and interviewers will not see your name or personal details submitted on your CV or covering letter until shortlisting is complete. Your application will be received and initial reviewed by a member of the team who is not on the interview panel.
Interviews will be held at God’s House Tower, Southampton, SO14 2NY on Tuesday 17th January 2023 (time TBC). Travel expenses to attend interviews will be reimbursed for those with caring responsibilities.
We encourage applications from all members of the community irrespective of peoples backgrounds and welcome applications from people of global majority communities, of any sexual orientation, gender or socio-economic backgrounds.
Please be aware the organisation is on festive shutdown between Monday 19th December 2022 and Tuesday 3rd January 2023. Therefore we will not be able to respond to any enquiries during this time.
The closing date for applications is on Monday 9th January 2023 at 9am.
As an organisation we actively look to reduce barriers for artists applying for our opportunities and commissions, and we are committed to being fair, accessible, transparent and inclusive.
We offer a range of access support for artists and applicants, including alternative formats for information we release and submissions we receive as well as an artist access fund; please contact us so that we can discuss your individual needs and provide appropriate support for your application or project. Please either email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 80 338 778
For more information about this work please visit – aspacearts.org.uk/about-us