Job opportunity - GHT Crew
Monday 17th October 9:00am – Monday 7th November 2022 5:00pm
We’re hiring! Apply for our latest job opportunity and join the crew at God’s House Tower in a dynamic and varied role.
God’s House Tower (GHT) is expanding its pool of flexible and reliable team members to be the public face of God’s House Tower, responsible for maintaining high standards of customer service to visitors of the building. You will be part of a small, dedicated team covering a range of shifts and activities as part of GHT’s arts and heritage offer.
Our crew members are an integral part of delivering our vision for the venue, ensuring an outstanding service for all visitors by undertaking an active customer focused role. Our aim is to recruit flexible individuals on a casual basis who can combine front-of-house services, exhibition invigilation, ticket admissions, event management and cafe/bar service. This varied role includes food and drinks service as well as invigilation and event assistance.
We are looking for adaptable and reliable people who are committed to our work and ethos and will support the venue as it continues to grow.
Crew hours will be variable and offered on a casual basis, predominantly across our revised public opening hours Friday – Sunday, with some occasional additional mid week and evening shifts available.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure an exceptional customer experience for all visitors to the venue and to provide a helpful, friendly and professional welcome.
- To be an involved and engaging team member who encourages others to be the same
- To undertake a varied and involved front of house role, administering tickets, taking payments for the venue’s retail and cafe/bar offer, serving food and drink, invigilating the exhibitions and assisting with events
- To undertake day-to-day exhibition stewarding duties and follow any specific stewarding instructions.
- To be a vigilant and flexible member of the team, prepared to step in to help where needed during peak times.
- To monitor the public spaces on a day-to-day basis for cleanliness and ensure capacity limits are adhered to, reporting any issues to the relevant manager on site.
- Any other duties as allocated by the Venue Manager or Crew Captain
The ideal candidates will be enthusiastic with good team working skills and a desire to work in a customer focused way in a heritage, arts and cultural environment.
They will be an excellent communicator, flexible and confident in their approach to problem solving and have a friendly and professional manner.
How to apply
You can download and read the full job description in large print here – GHT Crew Job Description – Large Print
Applicants can apply for the role by filling in the online Typeform application. You can find the application here – GHT Crew Online Application Form
We are actively working to make our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible to those facing barriers of any kind. We are also looking to diversify our team and welcome applications from people of the global majority.
If you would like to ask any questions to the team before submitting an application please get in touch with Sam (Crew Captain) firstname.lastname@example.org or Hannah (Venue Manager) email@example.com / 02380 338 778
Applications close on Monday 7th November at 5pm.
We actively look to remove barriers faced by artists who apply for our opportunities and commissions. We are committed to being fair, accessible, transparent and inclusive in all of our work.
We offer a range of access support for artists. This includes alternative formats for any information we share such as open calls. We also have an artist access fund which can provide financial support. Please contact us to talk through your individual needs and how we can support you. You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 80 338 778.