Arches Studios is a managed visual arts studio complex, providing 21 workspaces in which an artist’s practice can flourish. We provide studios to visual artists at all stages of their careers and working across all media.
The studios offer a vibrant environment where artists can develop their visual arts practice as well as contributing towards peer support and undertaking professional development with our Artist Development Officer, who offers one-to-one sessions. There is also an annual Arches Open Studios, when artists welcome the public into their workspaces.
In addition to a quiet place to work, residents have free access to a bookable event and exhibition space (Arch 04) and project space (7.5). There is also a communal basic kitchen, office, meeting area and storage room as well as 24/7 access and wifi. The studios benefit from rate relief which is passed on to the residents, making them more affordable.
Price bands range between £78 to £126 p/m and are all inclusive.
Studio spaces are awarded following an application, which is assessed by a studio selection panel, including the Director, Studio Coordinator, and Artist Development Officer. Artists are assessed according to the following criteria:
• A commitment to an ongoing visual arts practice
• An engagement with the wider visual arts context
• A clear vision for the development of their work
• How studio space at the Arches will benefit the applicant’s practice
• A willingness to make an active contribution to the Arches studios
* For a short interim period we are not accepting new studio applications – please check this page again in due course for further information.
Hire Arch 04